Edit: some responses I have gotten in the last few hours... (these comments are going to be kept anonymous)
"seriously i think excused absences shouldn't get you kicked off the team i think it would be fine if he made you swim less at meets tho that's acceptable"
"its dumb how he expects us to drop eveeeerythinnng for swim I mean I love swim but he is just taking this varsity coach thing waaaay to far."
"What a turd that's why I hate swimming for Rancho and way to go letting him know he's acting like a fart"
"I hope the break has been relaxing and not too rainy. I have been having pool parties in my back yard for the last 2 weeks. We have a month and a half until swim season starts. I am extremely excited about our prospects this year. Having said that, swimmers should probably start thinking about getting in the water.
I will offer pool time 3 or 4 times a week with coached sets starting on January 15th. The cost will be $100 for the 4 weeks before season starts. Anyone is welcome.
Swim season attendance will be taken very seriously. Please be cautious when signing up for club water polo that it will not conflict with swim season practices. Swimmers will be allowed 5 absences (excused or unexcused) before they are removed from the team. Please also consider this when planning a spring break vacation. Swimmers are not allowed to participate in a club swim team and compete with our team. This is a CIF rule. The RBV volleyball team was disqualified from post season play this year for participating in a single club practice.
Looking forward to a great season. Have a happy new year.
Pat Emaus"
Edit: some responses I have gotten in the last few hours... (these comments are going to be kept anonymous)




I think that Emaus is taking this way too far, you should be able to do the stuff you want to do. He should work with you like everyone else is doing, because your doing what you want to do for practically most of your life. He's just being selfish and money hungry, we're probably not going to have as big of a team as last year considering all of these dumb rules. Excused absences shouldn't count for you getting kicked off the team, they might be family related, health related, etc. I mean, i love swim but if Emaus is going to be like this the entire season it's going to piss me off. As for Anthony, do what you think is right, and if think swim is the best choice then go with swim but the number of people you'll be letting down by not doing swim doesn't even compare to the number of people you'd let down by not doing the other projects/activities. Emaus is self-centered he only cares about himself and getting paid, not about the problems that we might go through during swim season. It's paaaaaaathetic.
ReplyDeletethis is dumb, do what you feel is right, and it's not swim you have two more years of swim you CAN do IF you want.
ReplyDeleteDuring my sophomore year, eamus didnt let one kid try out because he was at his grandma's funeral. im not even joking.
ReplyDelete